The commission voted to confirm the appointments of Tom Ware, Troy Welker and Jeff Duncan to the Resource Recovery Development Authority, the board responsible for oversight of the county’s dealings with Ball Ground Recycling.
The RRDA appointments and others were made at the first commission meeting of the New Year, held Jan. 8.
The RRDA terms of former commissioners Karen Bosch and Jim Hubbard ended at the end of their commission terms, and Commissioner Jason Nelms stepped down from the RRDA at the Jan. 8 meeting.
Commission Chairman Buzz Ahrens and Commissioner Harry Johnston will remain on the RRDA no later than July 1. The commission will appoint citizens to take over these positions.
Commissioners also made appointments to county boards at the meeting.
Commissioner Raymond Gunnin made two appointments:
* Robert Neely, Fire Code Appeals Board
* Chris Hampton, Cherokee County Recreation and Parks Advisory Board
Hampton also served on the CRPA board as an appointee of Karen Bosch.
Commissioner Brian Poole made eight appointments:
* Robert Strozier, Cherokee County Recreation and Parks Advisory Board
* Bill Long, Cemetery Preservation Committee
* Joe Long, Cherokee County Planning Commission
* Nancy Carson, Animal Control Advisory Board
* Wayne Stewart, Wrecker Service Advisory and Appeals Board
* Tony Perry, Construction Board of Appeals
* Lee Poole, Fire Code Appeals Board
* Mark Marlow, Impact Fee Appeals Board
With Mark Goddard appointed in December to the Development Authority of Cherokee County, Commissioner Jason Nelms appointed Scott Chug to replace Goddard on the Cherokee County Recreation and Parks Advisory Board.
Commissioners are looking for a community member to fill a vacancy on the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities Region One planning board.
The board represents the 31 counties of the region. Board members are those with a strong interest in mental health, developmental disabilities and addictive diseases, as well as people who have received DBHDD services and family members of people who have received such services.