Criminal charges filed in Indianapolis explosion
by Rick Callahan, Associated Press
December 21, 2012 11:45 AM | 535 views | 0 0 comments | 4 4 recommendations | email to a friend | print
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Prosecutors say criminal charges have been filed in the massive house explosion last month that killed an Indianapolis couple and decimated their neighborhood.

Marion County prosecutor Terry Curry is scheduled to discuss the charges during a Friday morning news conference.

Authorities have said they believe the Nov. 10 explosion was intentional and caused by natural gas, but have released few other details.

Prosecutor’s spokeswoman Brienne Delaney says information on the criminal charges has been sealed by a judge.

The explosion killed Jennifer and John Longworth, who lived next door to the house believed to be the epicenter of the blast.

About 90 homes in the subdivision were damaged, costing an estimated $4.4 million.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, spam, and links to outside websites will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides