Georgia thrift shop worker hospitalized after explosion
by Associated Press Wire
April 16, 2013 05:00 PM | 722 views | 0 0 comments | 2 2 recommendations | email to a friend | print

ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a thrift shop employee has been hospitalized with burns after opening a package.

Atlanta Fire Rescue Department Captain Marian McDaniel says the worker was opening the package when it apparently exploded. Atlanta police Sgt. Greg Lyon says it's unclear if the burns were caused by an explosion, flash fire or something else. Lyon says the worker suffered minor injuries.

Police, fire and other officials were on the scene interviewing witnesses Tuesday evening. Lyon says the incident was isolated and the scene is under control. Additional details are not yet available.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, spam, and links to outside websites will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides