Spilled gas spurs blaze, damages motor home
by staff reports
February 16, 2013 12:00 AM | 2283 views | 0 0 comments | 6 6 recommendations | email to a friend | print

A motor home and detached garage in the driveway of a Holly Springs home were completely destroyed by a gas fire Friday. Special to the Cherokee Tribune
A motor home and detached garage in the driveway of a Holly Springs home were completely destroyed by a gas fire Friday. Special to the Cherokee Tribune
slideshow
A Holly Springs gas fire destroyed a motor home and a garage Friday afternoon.

Tim Cavender, spokesman for Cherokee Fire and Emergency Services, said county firefighters and the Canton Fire Department responded to the fire shortly before 1:30 p.m. at 130 Kimberly Road.

Cavender said Cherokee County 911 received a call from a resident who said he spilled some gas and a fire started to spread quickly.

“He also tried to put the fire out with a garden hose, but was unsuccessful,” Cavender said.

Firefighters arrived at the scene minutes later to find a motor home and a garage, detached from the home by only a few feet, fully engulfed.

Both the motor home and the garage were completely destroyed, but firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the home.

Cavender said no injuries were reported and both lanes of Kimberly Road and a portion of Childers Road were blocked during the fire extinction.

Cavender said the fire continues to be investigated by Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, spam, and links to outside websites will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides