The council will meet at 7 p.m. at the Chambers at City Center. Before its regular meeting, the council will conduct a joint meeting with the Downtown Development Authority at 6 p.m.
The council and the authority will discuss opportunity zones and the future of Elm Street.
During its meeting, the council is expected to:
* Hear a presentation of the July 4 parade float winners;
* Present Alec Winterling with the life-saving award;
* Consider approval of an amendment to a condition of zoning on 16 acres of property at Village Trail off Highway 92 near Springfield Drive. The property is zoned for town homes and the applicant is requesting an amendment to build single-family detached homes;
* Consider approval of a variance request from Decamp Enterprises Inc. to allow a 12-foot monument sign at 203 Woodpark Place;
* Consider approval of a Georgia One Fund resolution, which updates the contact information with the state regarding the city’s financial staff and the city’s water and sewer fund account;
* Consider approval of an alcohol license request from Papa P’s at 2295 Towne Lake Parkway Suite 160;
* Consider approval to reimburse council member Randy Brewer for travel and training;
* Consider approval of an alcohol license request from El Chile Restaurant, Inc. at 9770 Main St.;
* Consider approval of a contract with Craig Campbell to perform on Sept. 8 as part of the city’s Summer Concert Series for $18,975;
* Consider accepting a donation of easement from Woodstock Downtown Office Park Condominium Association;
* Hear a monthly financial report;
* Consider approval of a fiscal year 2013 budget amendment;
* Discuss August 2012 town hall meeting topics; and
* Hear an update on the city’s solid waste provider transition.