At the July 8 meeting, the council voted to table David Tinsley and Bob Postiglione’s appeal for their denied request to put a billboard on Rope Mill Road. They submitted the application for a sign permit May 8, according to city documents.
On July 3, Tinsley and Postiglione’s attorney requested a time extension from the council to produce additional information, stating in a letter that their surveyor was unable to complete the needed work within the time limit.
The council voted unanimously July 8 to postpone taking action on the appeal until the next regular meeting, and will consider and act on the appeal at Monday night’s meeting.
Also on the agenda for Monday’s City Council meeting is a presentation by the staff of cost estimates for extending sewer to North Main Street in downtown Woodstock.
City Manager Jeff Moon reported at the June 10 meeting that a smoke test was performed and nine potential sewer customers were identified, two on the east side of West Main Street and seven on the west.
The extension would provide sewer stubs to property owners, who would be responsible to connect from that point.
Other items on the agenda include:
• The swearing-in of two firefighters;
• Public hearing and vote on the July zoning map update;
• Review of the preliminary digest in order to adopt a millage rate for the October tax billing. A rate will need to be adopted at the last meeting in August;
• Public hearing and vote on a variance to the property at 185 Woodstock Parkway;
• Consideration of a request to allow after-hours construction at Bank of America at 12170 Highway 92;
• Consideration of a sign variance for Knuckleheads Saloon;
• Consider requests for variance for signs at Jimmy John’s at 121 Lauren Lane and 12201 Highway 92;
• Vote to approve multiple alcohol licenses;
• Second reading of election ordinance;
• Vote on council policy manual revisions;
• Vote on contract with Emery & Garrett for access drilling agreement;
• Request approval of mayor and council meals and mileage reimbursement forms;
• Request bid for 111 Pine Hill Drive property be rejected; and
• Discuss Aug. 22 Towne Hall Meeting agenda ideas.