The proposed balanced budget for the fiscal year, which begins in October, calls for $33.6 million in expenditures and revenues, up from the current $32.3 million budget.
The council is also expected to consider awarding a bid to install a new water line at Boling Park, the second reading of changes to its alcohol ordinance and review expenses and remaining projects for its Hickory Log Creek Reservoir.
Other items on the agenda include:
* Consider a proclamation declaring Aug. 20, or Saturday, as Support Our Seniors Day in the city;
* Consider approval of alcohol license requests La for Bamba Mexican Bar and Grill at 15 Laurel Canyon Village Circle Suite 2132, Old Hickory House at 135 Reinhardt College Parkway and Johnny’s Pizza at 559 RiverStone Parkway;
* Consider approval of the second reading of an ordinance putting in writing the compensation of the offices of mayor and City Council;
* Consider approval of an agreement with the Cherokee Youth Football Association;
* Consider approval of a contract with Official Payment Corps for payment by phone processing;
* Consider approval of the June 2011 financials;
* Discuss the city’s collection site;
* Discuss altering bond draw language;
* Hear an update to the city’s water billing problems;
* Hear the status of the city’s streetscapes;
* Hear the status of roof repairs at City Hall;
* Hear an update to the proposed Etowah River Park;
* Discuss a possible Etowah River park canoe and kayak launch;
* Consider approval to authorize execution of a Georgia Department of Transportation contract to perform the Hickory Flat Road and Waleska Street streetscape project; and
* Hear an update on the city’s audit firm bidding process.