Ivy Manor Interiors, which recently opened in downtown Woodstock, offers furniture, home accessories, antiques, art and designer jewelry. Located at 105 E. Main St., the store also has complete interior design services with in home consultation and custom window treatments and accessories.
“We can make your dreams for your home come true. Our philosophy is and has been for 30 years to give you beauty and function within your budget,” promotional information for the store promises.
Chamberhouse in Canton is another great option for those wanting personalized service and a friendly atmosphere.
Located at 145 West Main St., the store offers fine gifts, Vera Bradley, Pandora and women’s accessories. In business since 1974, the family-run operation also does personalized custom orders, has home accents and antiques.
Owner Cleveland Chambers said shopping in the downtown area offers a wonderful holiday experience for shoppers.
“We have a wide variety for young and old, and we offer free gift wrapping,” Chambers said. “With small businesses you get more personal services and you can put in a wish list and Santa can come by and get just want you want.”
Chambers also points to the ease of shopping in smaller businesses.
“Shopping downtown has more ambience, it is a warm, relaxing and therapeutic way to have a shopping experience and it is nice to shop with people you know,” Chambers said. “With a small retail business, you get to know your customers and they get to know you. We really appreciate the business too, it is most appreciated.”
Other businesses in downtown Woodstock include:
• Pennybag Emporium. An antique mall with a boutique flair at 8600 Main St. in Woodstock. Open seven days a week and filled with vintage finds.
• Leaning Ladder Premium Olive Oil and Vinegar Tasting Boutique. Located in the same shopping area as Ivy Manor Interiors at 105 E. Main St. The shop is a great place to look for gifts for the gourmet food lover and has 64 cold-pressed olive oils and vinegars from around the world. The shop also offers unique gifts such as seasonings, sugars, gift baskets and soaps.
• FoxTale Book Shoppe. Located next to Leaning Ladder and in business for seven years, FoxTale is a destination independent book store with an eclectic mix of books in a lovely
atmosphere. FoxTale also carries a wide range of merchandise including home decor items, cards, journals, calendars, jewelry, educational toys, chocolates, T-Shirts, magazines and their famous fedoras. Gift cards are also available.
In downtown Canton some of the other local shops that are perfect destinations for holiday shoppers include:
• Key’s Jewelry. Key’s Jewelry is a family owned, third-generation jewelry store that has been in business in historic downtown Canton since 1951. Key’s Jewelry carries an extensive line of gold and alternate metal wedding bands as well as engagement rings, necklaces and pendants in gold and silver. They also carry the Pandora and Elle lines of silver jewelry. Key’s is at 230 East Main St.
• B Loved. Women’s clothing and home décor items with a youthful flair. Located at 191 East Main St.
• Yawn’s Books and More. Yawn’s is at 198 North St. in downtown Canton and offers new and used books, as well as a complete selection of local authors, many published by Yawn’s publishing side of the business. Also many local history books for Cherokee and the surrounding area.